Table of Content
- What is Stamp Paper?
- Difference between Stamp Paper and E stamp Paper?
- Process to get Stamp Paper Online.
It is said that years back when the East India Company adopted the Stamp Paper system from Spain and France which was later declared as the Stamps Act in 1765. They used to print their Queen’s face on the Stamp Paper and merely the Stamp Duty was paid in anna’s. But in today’s India, stamp paper is still there and each one of us surely need it once in our life. Although getting it is not a tough task but you can get stamp paper online but how? that’s what we are going to discuss.
What is Stamp Paper?
Stamp Paper is basically a piece of paper on which the stamp value is printed. These stamp papers are usually issued by the Government and have a fixed value such as 10 rupees, 20 rupees, and so on. Every stamp paper has a “Monetary Value” assigned to it. Any sort of legal document can only be considered legally valid if executed on an appropriate value of a stamp paper. It is very important to pay appropriate stamp duty to the Government or else you can be penalized by the Government and/or they can even make the executed Document invalid.
Difference between Stamp paper and E stamp paper
|Basis||Stamp Paper||e-Stamp Paper|
|Procurement||Stamp Paper is available in a physical form and the procurement process is offline.||e-Stamp Paper is available in an electronic form and the procurement process is online.|
|Launch Date||The year 1765||The year 2013|
|Authenticity||The authenticity can not be checked online; one needs to visit the court.||The authenticity of an e-Stamp Paper can be checked online.|
|Stamp Duty||The person has to be physically present to pay the Stamp Duty.||The person pays the Stamp Duty electronically.|
Also Read, Stamp Paper Vs Notary
Process to get Stamp Paper Online?
You can get your e-Stamp Paper online by following just a few easy steps the scan copy of your stamp paper will be delivered to your email within 2 hours and the hard copy of the stamp paper will be available to you within 2 days at your respective place.
The following steps to order an online stamp paper are:
- STEP 1 – Visit the given website https://www.edrafter.in
- STEP 2 – Then click to Buy e-stamp paper.
- STEP 3 – Choose the respective state such as e-Stamp Paper Delhi or what your state is you can choose accordingly.
- STEP 4 – Fill out the form while providing First Party and/or Second Party name; If buying Stamp paper for an Affidavit then you need to mention only First Party name and if buying stamp paper for Agreement then you need to mention First Party & Second party name, the purpose of the Stamp paper like – Rental Agreement, stamp duty & who will pay the stamp duty and after filing & reviewing the details just add the form to cart.
- STEP 5 – Check the details thoroughly and the estimated cost; Choose the type of Scan & Shipment service and then proceed to checkout.
- STEP 6 – Lastly fill out the billing details and payment mode then place your order.
You can save your time and effort on physical visits. So we highly recommed you to get stamp paper online to save your time, money and energy as well.
Also Read, Should Loan Agreement Be On Stamp Paper?